Monday 29 November 2010

1920's Dressing Table Glamour


This is my beautiful flatmate Holly, who quite frankly does not need my rusty make up skills to look chic. She was however still happy to let me loose on her. I adore 1920's styling and make up, especially as it wasn't purely aesthetic but a political statement for women at the time. The ballet dancer in shot is an old postcard of Holly's step mum, which gives an unplanned charm. I was trying to recreate the shot below I did years ago, unfortunately I lost the compact which made the composition. 

Hopefully I will be able to steal Holly's face and dressing table a few more times, I would like to get something much moodier. I would love to get something more metropolis like. Please comment, I think the lips needed to be much darker and more focus on each of the faces shown. Take a look at my Flickr for an alternate shot. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54541968@N08/5202368572/


I did this when I was 16 and to be honest its completely accidental how stunning this is, I knew nothing about photography as you can see from the poor focus, and had not done the sharpest job of the lip colour or waxing out the eyebrows, but I love the light and the props...please let me find the compact under my bed somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment